Meal Planning made Simple! (Even Enjoyable!)
Because eating real food should be convenient.
Whether you’re stuck in a rut for inspiration, in a tail-spin about learning how to be gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free, or just can’t find the time to cook, this is a game-changer.
REAL ‘FREE-FROM’ FOOD in REAL PLANS with REAL COOKING SCHEDULES & REAL SHOPPING LISTS all REAL SIMPLE and a “for Real Life” TIME-SAVER!
Answer me this:
- Do you have heart palpitations at 5pm everyday when you realise its 5pm and you have hungry little tummies to feed in 5 minutes?
- Do you rush to the fridge with your mind racing as to what you could prepare, only to find that the veggies are oozy, the eggs have passed their sell-by-date, and the rice is finished?
- Do you dash to your freezer to find your secret stash of delicious and nutritious previously-prepared meals only to realise that you were meant to have a cooking day last Saturday to replenish said secret stash?
- Do you end up preparing the same thing day in and day out… because not having to ‘think’ what to cook everyday saves you quite a bit of time?
- Do you end up getting take-outs or cooking from a box because you don’t have the necessary (fresh) ingredients, or the time, or the energy to prepare them?
- Do you want to follow a gluten-, dairy- and sugar-free lifestyle but literally cant get your head around all the new ingredients and what to do with them?
- Do you wish you could just be told what to cook today, be given the recipe, and the shopping list – with all you family’s specific food intolerances and dietary requirements accounted for?
Well then… you going to LOVE this!
I have been sent many requests by people asking for Mila’s Meals Meal Plans – a way for a family to follow a gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free diet daily, with all the planning and thinking taken care of, so you can just focus on (and enjoy) the cooking.
I must say, now that I find myself working full days – meal plans make so much sense! The thinking and planning of what to eat – really does take so much energy and so much time!
So, I set about creating a Mila’s Meals Meal Plan using all my own recipes (new ones and ones from my book ‘Mila’s Meals: The Beginning & The Basics’). I quickly realized that this was an enormous undertaking – it quite literally would have taken me the better part of a year to get right! To be honest, I would rather spend that time creating more recipes, than repackaging the ones that are already available.
As I was wondering how I could help make a ‘free-from’ lifestyle ‘do-able’ beyond the book I created, and without dedicating a year to creating a Meal Plan service – I stumbled across Real Plans (oh thank you thank you once again Universe!) Real Plans is a meal planner with super powers!
Introducing Real Plans
Real Plans is created by Emily (a.k.a. Holistic Squid, wife, and mom) and her techno-brilliant husband, Antony.
Her (& others’) delicious recipes + his technical brilliance = a meal planning service like none other
Real plans not only presents you with mouth-watering, nutritious, and simple recipes (over 1500 of them!), but you can customise menus, modify recipes, import recipes, shop with your smartphone, and plan weeks ahead or only shop for a day or two – it’s up to you.
Recipes catering to a variety of dietary requirements
Your subscription will give you access to a wide variety of meal plans including:
- Traditional (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free and GAPS options)
- Paleo (Primal, Keto, and Autoimmune Protocol options)
- Vegetarian (Ovo-lacto)
For those of us with even more restrictive diets due to allergies or other health concerns. Real Plans allows you to exclude whole food groups (like shellfish, nuts or nightshades), and gives you the option to exclude specific ingredients, too. And then…TA DA! You’re presented with a complete week long meal plan— full of food that you CAN eat!
What you get with a Real Plans Subscription
- Customized weekly meal plans for your family’s unique diet
- Nutrition data for your meals
- 1,500 recipes from your favorite food bloggers (and the option to import from other websites, or manually add from your favourite recipe book)
- Dynamic Shopping List (with pictures!)
- Timeline: what you need to defrost / prepare / do, when!
- The free mobile app – access your meal plans and shopping list at the shops!
- 24/7 support from the Real Plans Team
Ahhhhh… the Shopping List!
This is a Real Timesaver and Money Saver!
Rather than being a static PDF, the Real Plans shopping list categorises everything based on how you typically shop at a supermarket. (For example, all the produce, spices, and bottled goods are all grouped together.) You can then check off anything you already have in your kitchen and add anything else you may need, and then take it to the store. Real Plans allows you to print, email, and open your shopping list on your smart phone.
By downloading the Real Plans App to your phone, you can call up your shopping list as and when you need it and tick the items off as you shop! It will automatically update. And no-more spending money on things you don’t need after leaving your shopping list at home!
Everything is available on the app (or your computer) – your weekly plan, recipe box, shopping list – everything – with you at all times!
Does it include Mila’s Meals Recipes?
While I am not (yet) a recipe partner, you can import ANY of your favourite recipes into your personal Real Plan! Simply go to your Recipe Box, click “import”, add the URL of your favourite recipe and Ta Da! It gets included in your Real Plan!
(Yes, this means I am going to have to get busy uploading a whole lot more of my recipes to my website so you can import them directly from there – I’m on it – promise!) Alternatively, there is the option to add the recipes manually.
Why am I promoting other people recipes?
My goal and motivation is to provide the best healthy resources available, and to make a “free-from” lifestyle do-able. The resources and recipes do not have to be mine – that would be limiting for you, and would add a lot to my already very long to-do list. Knowing you are well catered for, takes a lot of (self-imposed) pressure off me 🙂
Real Plans is a subscription-based service.
They have 3 payment options:
- monthly – $14 (±R190),
- quarterly – $33 (± R450 = R112/month)
- annual – $72 (±R980 = R81/month).
Watch this video to see how it works.
Have any questions?
Meal planning is the crucial link to healthy eating, money saving and time well spent.
For those of you who are new to a gluten-, sugar- and dairy-free lifestyle – these meal plans are the perfect way to reduce the overwhelm as you learn about new ingredients and have to replace the old-favourites with new ones.
For those of you who have been on this journey for a while and are running out of ideas – or your little ones are just refusing your masterpieces – these meal plans will provide you with new meals for everyday of the year!
And for all the working Mama’s out there – your time and your energy is precious. Spend it joyously in the kitchen with your kids – not racing aimlessly around the grocery store, or panicking in front of the fridge.
I wish you much joy in the kitchen and little tummies full of delicious and nutritious food!
Please read my affiliate disclosure here.
SHARE THE LOVE: