Lunch Box Workshop
- This event has passed.
Lunch Box Workshop
March 6 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmR600
Let’s go beyond the sandwich and
Bring the Love back to the Lunch Box!
From my kitchen to yours! This is now a virtual event.
Your workshop manual will be couriered to you along with your very awesome Goody Bag!
Are you struggling with the seemingly Groundhog Day decision of what lunch and snack ideas to pack into your kid’s school lunch boxes?
Want to create nourishing, balanced, and delicious school lunch boxes (that actually get eaten!) within 5 minutes each morning?
It IS possible!
Join Catherine Barnhoorn, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and author of Mila’s Meals, for this unique, practical and interactive workshop where she will guide you to create a plan of sweet and savoury, nourishing, delicious and simple lunch box ideas to help make your school mornings less frustrating and stressful.
This workshop will be richly layered with educational info, lunch box recipes, preparation tips and ideas, a Q&A, plus a booklet of Catherine’s gluten-free, sugar-free & dairy-free lunch box staple recipes and her ready-made favourite foods shopping list.
What you will receive:
A presentation covering:
- What is healthy?
- How to nourish your children’s growing bodies, not just to fill their tummies
- The nutrient requirements of children by age and the foods that contain those nutrients as well as being suitable for the lunchbox.
- Learn practical tips on how to prepare nutrient-dense lunch boxes quickly and easily
- Find out how a nutrient-dense breakfast takes the pressure off the lunch box
- What is really in the lunch box? Get clues on how to be a food detective when you go food shopping
- Last, but not least – the importance of hydration
- Plenty of Q&A time
Unpacking YOUR child’s lunch box session:
- Catherine will look specifically at what your child likes to eat and recommend nutrient-dense alternatives if necessary
- New food ideas to try based on your child’s dietary requirements and unique preferences
- A week’s meal plan for your child’s lunchbox (co-created by you and Catherine!)
Printed Manual including:
- The information-dense slides from the presentation
- Lunch Box planners (+ electronic printable file)
- 15 recipes for free-from staples to live in the freezer
- Shopping list for nutrient-dense, gluten-, sugar- and dairy-free ready-made snacks
Inclusion in a private WhatsApp group for 2 weeks of support after the event
30% discount voucher for a hard copy of the Mila’s Meals cookbook
An awesome Goody Bag with some of Catherine’s favourite ready-made nutrient-dense snacks and vouchers from some of her favourite shops:
- Soaring Free Superfoods
- My Crunchbox
- + a surprise goodies from my favourite online shop
A delicious veggie juice and smoothie from NutriVita to keep the brain on!
Limited space. Only 25 tickets available.
Early bird Tickets = R600
(Available until Sunday 28 February 2021)
Full Ticket Price = R750
GENERAL REFUND: 50% Cancellation fee. Non-refundable within 72 hours of event. Tickets are non-transferable to other event dates.
POSTPONED EVENT REFUND: Should we have to postpone the workshop or event from our side, you have the option to either hold on to your tickets for the new date, or you will have a two week window period from date of notification of postponement to get a refund.
CANCELLED EVENT REFUND: Should we have to cancel the workshop or event from our side, you will receive a refund in full or have the option for a credit note that is valid for a year from date of event cancellation.