Mila’s Meals: The Beginning & The Basics (First Edition)
THE FIRST EDITION OF ‘MILA’S MEALS: THE BEGINNING & THE BASICS’ IS SOLD OUT IN SOUTH AFRICA.
YOU CAN ORDER A SECOND EDITION HERE. DELIVERY EXPECTED MID-DECEMBER 2019.
ALTERNATIVELY, GET THE EBOOK TODAY!
The only cookbook you will need for the first few years of your child’s life!
Mila’s Meals: The Beginnings & The Basics is a multiple award-winning collection of nourishing wholefood recipes and food ideas for baby’s first years (and the rest of the family too). Free from gluten, refined sugar, dairy and artificial additives.
Created, written and published by: Catherine Barnhoorn.
Photography by: Alfred Lor
Over 100 recipes from pureés to solids, ALL free from gluten, sugar and dairy – this is the only book you will need for the first few years of your ‘free-from’ child’s life.
Awarded six international book awards!:
Gourmand ‘Best In The World’ Award – First Book Category
Next Generation Indie Book Award – Health/Wellness Category
Reader’s Favorite Award – Non-Fiction Cooking/Food Category
Living Now Award – Cookbooks Natural, Nutrition, Organic, Vegetarian Category
Gourmand World Cookbook Award – Self-Published Category
London Book Festival Award – Cookbook Category
Free courier delivery within South Africa.
Available internationally through IngramSpark, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indie Book and others. Please see this page for details.
Click the ‘Review’ button below to see what others have said about it.
Click the ‘Description’ button find out more.
Out of stock
With over 100 recipes from purées to solids, ALL free from gluten, sugar and dairy – Mila’s Meals: The Beginning & The Basics is the only book you will need for the first few years of your ‘free-from’ child’s life.
Color photos for every recipe and a wealth of information including:
* The truth behind common infant food fallacies.
* The why, what and how to begin your little one’s life-long relationship with food.
* An expose of what is really in that convenient, ready-made food and the affect it has on your child physically, mentally and emotionally.
* The importance and maintenance of gut health.
* Why not gluten, dairy and sugar.
* Essential nutrients, the role they play, and where to find them.
* A detailed glossary for every ingredient used in the book.
* Over 100 (mostly) uncomplicated recipes made with easy-to-find ingredients.
* A re-introduction of essential traditional foods & food preparation techniques (like sauerkraut, slow-cooked bone broths as well as how and why to soak grains).
* ‘Do-able’ meals for working parents – all the food can be made in bulk and frozen.
Part food journal, part recipe book, part nutrition encyclopedia, it is a call to action for every parent to be conscious of what they are feeding their little ones, providing a guideline on how to achieve this as effectively and effortlessly as possible. If you are a new Mama or know anyone who is; if your child has food allergies or intolerance’s; if you plan to raise your children on a ‘free from’ diet or if you would simply like to nutritionally educate yourself then this is the book for you.
- Paperback: 500 pages
- Publisher: Mila’s Meals; 1 edition (November 24, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0620682760
- ISBN-13: 978-0620682763
- Product Dimensions: 28 x 3 x 21,5 cm’s
- Shipping Weight: 1,8kg
|Dimensions||36 × 28 × 5 cm|
|Dimensions||36 × 28 × 5 cm|