So much more than just a cookbook!
Described as “The Tome”, it covers The Why, What and How to begin your little one’s lifelong relationship with food and how the whole family can follow a gluten-free, dairy-free AND refined sugar-free way of eating.
'Mila's Meals: The Beginning & The Basics' covers:
- The truth behind common infant food fallacies
- An exposé of what is really in that convenient, ready-made food and the affect it has on your child physically, mentally and emotionally
- The importance and maintenance of gut health
- Reasons to say “No” to gluten, dairy and sugar
- Detailed chart of essential nutrients, the role they play in physical, mental and emotional health and which foods you can find them in
- A detailed ingredient glossary explaining the sourcing, preparation, cooking, nutrient content and health benefits of all 156 ingredients used in the book
- An Appendix with detailed information on The Worst Offenders List of food additives – what they are, their very many disguises (I mean, names), where they are hiding (I mean used) and the effect they have on the human body (physically, mentally and emotionally).
- How to feed your child (and youself) nutrient-dense foods with over 100 (mostly uncomplicated) recipes made with easy-to-find ingredients
- ALL recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free AND refined sugar-free
- They also have #sneakyveggies that not even the fussiest eater will know about!
- A reintroduction of traditional foods and food preparation techniques (like sauerkraut, slow-cooked bone broths as well as how and why to soak grains)
- Do-able meals for busy / working parents – food can be made in bulk and frozen
Additional Very Useful Features
- Includes useful charts: ‘What to Feed When Food Introduction Chart’, ‘The Dirty Dozen’ food list, ‘The Worst Offenders’ food additives & more
- Features colour photos for every recipe (so even a tired, mushy-mommy brain can digest the information and make a quick decision about what’s for dinner!)
- White space for tired mommy eyes – and note-making as you learn
- Caters for those fussy eaters
- Learn about superfoods
- Re-learn how to feed yourself
- Advice for feeding the soul too because no amount of good food will nourish a starving soul
The second edition includes:
- Revised recipes
- Updated nutrition information. For example – all mention of vitamin K has been updated to refer to either vitamin K1 or vitamin K2
- A comprehensive 11-page index. To assist with meal planning and to avoid allergens, recipes are cross-referenced against all ingredients included in the recipe
- Updated food introduction chart.
- New information such as additional info on cultured foods, a section on additional uses for salt and more