Mila’s Meals: The Beginning & The Basics – Second Edition
Covering The Beginning of your little one’s life-long food journey (food introduction etc.) and The Basics of nourishing the whole family – it’s as much about learning how to feed your baby as it is about re-learning how to feed yourself!
With a wealth of nutrition information and over 100 recipes from pureés to solids – ALL free from gluten, sugar and dairy – ‘Mila’s Meals: The Beginning & The Basics’ is the only book you will need for the first few years of your ‘free-from’ child’s life.
Colour photos for every recipe and information including:
- The truth behind common infant food fallacies
- The why, what and how to begin your little one’s lifelong relationship with food
- An exposé of what is really in that convenient, ready-made food and the affect it has on your child physically, mentally and emotionally
- The importance and maintenance of gut health
- Why say “no” to gluten, dairy and sugar
- Essential nutrients, the role they play and where to find them
- A detailed glossary for every ingredient used in the book
- Over 100 mostly uncomplicated recipes made with easy-to-find ingredients
- A reintroduction of essential traditional foods and food preparation techniques (like sauerkraut, slow-cooked bone broths as well as how and why to soak grains)
- Doable’ meals for working parents – food can be made in bulk and frozen
The second edition includes:
- A comprehensive index. To assist with meal planning and to avoid allergens, recipes are cross-referenced against all ingredients included in the recipe.
- Updated nutrition information. For example – all mention of vitamin K has been updated to refer to either vitamin K1 or vitamin K2.
- Updated food introduction chart.
- Updated ingredient information. For example, the new 2019 Dirty Dozen List.
- Revised recipes including the updated Goat’s Milk Formula, Sweet Potato Bread, Boo Boo Smoothie and others.
- New information such as additional info on cultured foods, a section on additional uses for salt and more
Praise for Mila’s Meals:
“An absolute gift to parents and practitioners alike” – Dr. Daphne Lyell
“This is an excellent book” – Eduouard Cointreau, President of the Jury, Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
“A fabulous book” – Prof. Tim Noakes
“A tome of a book” – Rachel Jesson
“This book is a game changer” – Debbie Logan