Catherine Barnhoorn (Mila's Meals) talks to Sarah-Jayne King on Late Nights - Cape Talk Radio.
In conversation about being gluten-free and sugar-free and how to raise children on a “free-from” diet. That is sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Emotional rollercoaster
- Food intolerances
- Junk Food Junk Mood
- Green poo
- Easy foods: cheese and pasta
- Sugar wild child
- Not feeling different
- Food issues – conscious eating
- Mindful eating
- Mila eats half the cake
- “Mommy I’m feeling sugary”
- She’s aware of Why
- Empowered to make decisions for herself
- Not good foods vs bad foods. Nourishing Foods vs Nonsense Foods.
- Kids will rebel no matter what
- Have a voice in the school
- No junk food policy at school
- Sugar affects behaviour – lunch boxes create problems for the teachers
- Emotional Eating
- No to food as a reward
- What you put in is what you get out
- The food you eat becomes the cells that build your body
- Allergies and food intolerance
- Food additive reactions
- Read the labels
- Nature gets it right
- Fruit has so much more to offer than just fructose
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup
- Mila’s conscious decision to not eat vegetables
- Mila eats by colour
Do you or your children need to move to a “free-from” diet?
Wondering what you CAN eat?
‘Mila’s Meals: The Beginning & The Basics’ is a multiple award-winning nutrition and recipe book that covers the Why, What and How to feed yourself and your kids nutrient-dense food.
Food that is delicious while also free from gluten, sugar, dairy and all the other nasties Big Food Business is passing off as food.